Sunday, August 8, 2010

How I Eliminated Breast Fibroids

I have had fibroid cysts (a.k.a. “lumps”) in my right breast for as long as I can remember. It didn’t bother me too much except it was very uncomfortable wearing underwire bras. Whenever I did a breast self-exam, had a doctor examine my breast, or have a mammogram performed - my breast would hurt for 2 days after. One Day, my friend Jean told me to try eliminating caffeine from my diet as it may get rid of the lumps -- and sure enough -- it worked! I no longer have any fibroid cysts in my right breast!

What I did:

I eliminated all caffeine from my diet - coffee, tea and soda. This means that now I drink decaf coffee and caffeine-free herbal teas. I don’t drink much soda, but when I do, I drink the caffeine-free varieties.

I had a headache for the first 2 days of being caffeine-free (this is a symptom of withdrawal, and if I drank more caffeine, I would have expected to have the headaches for up to 1 week).

It took about 1 month for me to see the results and be “lump” free. 

Additional Benefits to Being Caffeine-Free:

  • Underwire bras are more comfortable to wear.

  • Breast mammograms feel better and produce easier to read films for the doctors.

  • When I’m tired and need to drive, I do have a cup of caffeinated coffee (1 cup of coffee will keep me wired all night).

Disclaimer:  I do not provide medical advise or otherwise engage in the practice of medicine.   The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA.  Consult your doctor before following anything you have read on this website.    See my full medical disclaimer under Terms of Use.

No comments:

Post a Comment